First Reflective Statement

Draft 1

Ordinary Childhood is my first film in London. It is a film about identity and mental issues in contemporary women in their 20s. I wanted to show the rol of clothing in the exploration of identity and mental health issues.

First, I planned to show the past through a set and the present through styling, but then after reading and attending different seminars I understood that we are all (past and present) and that we can change. We express through clothing but we have a big history behind us. Thats when I understood both things have to be together. I created three fictional characters that talked about my own mental health issues and how they are part of my identity regarding from where I came from. Anxiety, mother issues and stereotypes are my 3 subjects in this film. It is a short fashion film when you can see how different we are and how alike we are at the same time.

Furthermore, the pre-production for this film was a little bit clumsy. I tried to do everything by my self and that´s not the way to do it. It won´t happened again. I was running from one place to another instead of asking for help. I thought I could set up a ronin- actually I did, but we could not put the follow focus into it and we lost a lot of time. At the end we did camera on hand. Some clips are without focus but I will try to do my best to see a way to save those clips in post-production. I have to say I was really happy with the team. Everyone helped me out in so many different ways. I think I had a good time and all the persons that helped me out did too.

In a conclusion, I know that we are a great group of people that support each other and are ready to collaborate. I know I can´t pretend to do everything by my self and I need to ask for help for every single stage I am in. I have to prepare more the camera team. Look for a proper ronin operator and a focus puller as well. I am getting into the post-production in 2 weeks, so that will be fun.